Shreehatta Economic Zone
Key Site Facts:
Shreehatta Economic Zone will be the first Public Private Partnership EZ in the Sylhet division encompassing an area of 352 acres
Sherpur within Maulovibazar Sadar Upazila of Moulovibazar District
- Road Connectivity: Located along the Dhaka-Sylhet highway, only 40 km away from Sylhet city and 208 km from Dhaka.
- Rail Connectivity: Lies beside the Dhaka – Sylhet Rail link, a busiest rail track for passenger and freight transport. Shreemongol railway junction is only 35 km from the zone.
- Air Connectivity: Osmani International Airport is only 55 km and Shahajalal International Airport 208 km from the zone.
- Port Connectivity: Distance of Tamabil Land Port fromthe zone is only 100 km.
- River : Direct access to Kushiara River.
- Existing Capacity: 20 MW to be provided by Bangladesh Rural Electrification Board
- A 33 KV dedicated line will be drawn from existing 132 KV Grid Substation located nearby
- Mobile connectivity available
- 1 km away from the Moulovibazar Telephone Exchange
- Connected by FOC to the Moulovibazar main Exchange
- Surface water is available within 1 km from the zone
- 6 MLD water line will be installed for piping water from Kusiara river
Industries can be set up :
- Textiles (Spinning, weaving and dyeing)
- Paint and glass making
- Food Processing etc.
Offsite Infrastructure Facilities :
- Access Road: Dhaka-Sylhet Highway runs through the zone
- Site Development Works (land fill) : to be completed by December 2016
- Boundary Wall: to be completed by December 2016
- Administration building: Consisting of 1680 sq. m of built-up area with G+2 structures within the EZ to be built by March 2017
- Power : 33 KVA dedicated electric line will be established for unit investors .
- Gas : 14 MMCFD gas line to be completed by June 2016 through Jalalabad Gas Distribution Company
- A F Fiber Optic Cable connection will be done by December 2016 through BTCL