Sabrang Tourism SEZ
Sabrang Tourism Park will be the first exclusive tourism park in the Cox’s Bazar district encompassing an area of 1027 acres. Sabrang is an amazing hill and sea beach territory, multifaceted diverse and admirably beautiful. The purest air, lofty hill, sea and lagoon create perfect conditions for the development of all types of tourism & entertainment.
Sabrang in Teknaf upazila under Cox’s Bazar District with an area of 882.26 acres land owned by BEZA.
- Road Connectivity: The proposed Park is 5 km away fromTeknaf town. Cox’s Bazar-Sabrang Marine Drive is the access road to the proposed Park and this connects the National Highway (N1) in a stretch of 5 km.
- Air Connectivity: Cox’s Bazaar Airport is at a distance of 96 km from the proposed Park. The connectivity from airport to the proposed Park takes around 1.5 hours of travel time by road.
- Port Connectivity: Teknaf Land Port is only 9 km form the zone.
- River: Naaf river is only 8 km from zone.
Utilities: Electricity: Existing Capacity:
- Teknaf substation (10 MW capacities) is located at a distance of 7 km from the proposed Park A new solar based power plant of 20 MW capacity has been proposed at Huyakong (located at a distance of 20 km from the proposed Park).
- Mobile connectivity available
- 8 km away from Teknaf Telephone Exchange
- Surface water is available within 3 km from the zone
- 4 MLD water line will be installed for drawing water from upstream of Sabrang
Industries can be set up:
Hotel complexes, Eco-tourism, Recreational tourism, Business tourism
Sports and extreme tourism, Water tourism, Education & Health Tourism
Advantages of the zone:
- Located with exclusive beach front
- Half an hour Sea cruise to St. Martin- a coral island
- 8 km away from Teknaf land port
- 30 Minutes proximity to Cox’s Bazar Domestic International Airport
- Access to the Bay of Bengal
- Well-connected by road and sea
- Availability of local operators in tourism sector
- The river Naaf is flowing between Bangladesh and Myanmar
Offsite Infrastructure facilities:
- Access Road: Road & Highway Department will complete access marine drive road by December 2016
- Site Development Works (land fill) to be completed by March 2017
- Boundary Wall: to be completed by April 2017
- Administration Building: 1680 sq. m of built-up area with G+ 2 structures within the EZ to be built by March 2017
- Power: 33 KVA dedicated electric line will be established for investors by March 2017.
- A F Fiber Optic Cable connection will be done by December 2017 through BTCL Attractive Incentive Package for developers & unit investors.