Ak Khan and Company Ltd
Brief information on Organization
As a Bangladeshi private entrepreneur , AK Khan Company Ltd. (AKK) is developing a Private Economic Zone namely A.K. KHAN Private Economic Zone (AKPEZ) at own land on the left bank of river Sitalykya with a River Side Inland Container Terminal (RICT) , as its integral part , for providing port facilities at the door step of all the factories & industries of AKPEZ having catalyst effects to increase the economy keeping parity with global growth.
This project site is located approximately 56 km northeast of Dhaka city, and confronted with the River. The site is bounded by R301 (Kaligonj-Ghorashal Rd) to the north, R301 (Panchdona-Ghorashal Hwy) to the east, Z2047 (Panchdona-Danga Rd) to the south which is connected with the Danga-Kaligonj Road which is leading to the site. New satellite town Purbachal is only 5 (five) KM from this project . There is Soheed Moyez Uddin Bridge passing through R301 to the 6km upstream of the Shitalakhya River from the site, and just adjacent to the north Ghorashal Railway Bridge. Furthermore, the site location of AKPEZ will portray spectacular advantages due to the connectivity of the surroundings through both waterways and road; such as Chittagong Port, railway station, Narayangonj & Narshingdi industrial zones and EPZs’.
AKPEZ has a gross area of 200 Acres and highly suitable to facilitate multi-sector industries such as mobile handsets, telecom towers etc., pharmaceutical, agro-based industries, chemicals, aircraft instruments, watch, digital equipment, electrical appliances, BPO operation, electrical equipment including computer, hard disk, printer etc., TV/monitors, toys, medical, surgical & biological instruments, plastic products, IT development & computer/telecom accessories, and IT related services such as call centers. AKPEZ is expected to create employment for more than 100,000 workers.
Key site facts
- Attract FDI into the country.
- Cost effective production facilities
- Create Employment opportunity.
- Technology transfer and skill development
- Development of Backward & Forward linkages.
Location : Danga, Palash, Narshingdi.
Total land: Gross Area 200 Acres.
By road: 56 km from Dhaka, 57 km from Narayangonj, 15 km from Narshingdi, 44 km from Tongi, 55 km from Gazipur, 270 km from Chittagong port.
By river: 320 km (171 nautical miles) from Chittagong port, directly connected with the river Meghna & thus well connected with Chittagong & Mongla port.
- Electricity : N/A
- Water : N/A
- Telecommunication: N/A
At a glance (Site Information)
The project site located in the left bank of Shitalakhya River about 56 km northeast of Dhaka. South, north and west sides are surrounded by the river. Z2047 road (Panchona-Danga Road ) and the narrow village road bound the east side of the site.
Aircraft instruments, watch, digital equipment, electrical appliances, BPO operation, electrical equipment including computer, hard disk, printer etc., TV/monitors, toys, medical, surgical & biological instruments, plastic products, IT development & computer/telecom accessories such as mobile handsets, telecom towers etc., and IT related services such as call centers , pharmaceutical, agro-based industries, chemicals, garments and garments accessories .
- Estimated cost of Infrastructure: $70 Million for on-Site and $8 million for off-site
- Employment projection: Approximately 100,000 workers
- Other Key Information (If available)
A Riverside Inland Container Terminal (RICT), as an Integral part of AKPEZ, will cater port services to all Industries & factories of AKPEZ and it will be additional incentives of this AKPEZ over the road connectivity for its all investors whose products will need port services. The attractiveness and advantages are the followings:
- Big scaled logistic center will not be required for the factories & industries of AKPEZ due to presence of Container Terminal at their door step .Only small space for logistic /container truck will be sufficient for the investors in AK PEZ.
- All the industries & factories of AKPEZ will get port services at their door step instead of waiting for few days to get it from Chittagong Port. Arrangement will be made to provide BL on boarding the container on the barges of AKCT which will work as part of AKPEZ. Saving of time to get this BL, which is bankable document, will be a great advantage for the investors of AKPEZ.
- For transportation of their cargo, factories & industries of AKPEZ will be benefited by using river route which is more cost effective, safe & environment friendly as compared to road transportation.